Tuesday, December 15, 2009

brief update

i promise that entries of more substance are to come.
once arriving in berlin i will make it my objective to stay in, relax, reflect on and write about what the last 6 weeks have been all about for me.
i missed my flight from nice to berlin sunday.
i left montpellier monday morning with
6 sandwiches
3 apples
50 €
a box of chocolate bars
and a large cardboard sign displaying the names Lyon, Besançon, Mulhouse, Strasbourg.

i raised my thumb to the sky and put a smile on my face outside a petrol station near montpellier's outer limit.
five minutes later i was in a car heading north.
my good fortune has allowed me to cover 784km in 10 hours.
i'll sleep in strasbourg for the night
with a friend of a friend
of a friend
of a friend
enjoy another day here tomorrow, taking in the famous marché noel
and continue north wednesday morning.

if all goes well i can reach berlin in one more day.
it's only 763km from here.

2 comments: