Sunday, October 25, 2009

flea market


pictured: a couple on the steps outside the market.


pictured: a collection of pins for sale.

the back has been acting up the last couple of days, keeping things quiet-ish for me in Berlin.
spent the evening with Dagmar and her Latvian friend, Arturs.
a good, not-too-late night in, and a chance to recuperate somewhat.
got up at a reasonable time today.
Dagmar made me a wonderful breakfast - i think she may be a saint.
she then took me to the flea market in prenzlauerberg. on her motorcycle. (!)
foolishly i forgot to stop and grab a photograph.
you'll have to take me at my word.
the market was packed as the weather was mild.
people selling countless kinds of treasure - and certainly trash - in a huge lot by a big park that i'm told is one of the most festive in the city during the summertime months.
a walk around and a laundry run, and it's dark already.
fall back, indeed.

not much else to write at the moment.
back on the horse for a real tourist day tomorrow.
weather permitting, i'll rent a bicycle for the day.



i send my love back home to everyone. you are missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment